Making sense of technical requirements for independent agents
Liveops agents are independent contractors who own their own business. As a business owner, you have the freedom to set up your home office. You are also responsible for selecting, setting up, and maintaining equipment and services that meet the technical requirements for the opportunities you choose.
You should be comfortable using a computer and performing basic maintenance tasks such as updating anti-virus software and determining which browser you are using. Before applying, you can review the phone and computer requirements and any additional requirements in the opportunity description.
If you’re not sure what some of the technical requirements mean, don’t worry. These are actually very simple and there are resources that can help you set up your home office for success.
Here’s what you can do:
- Review the phone and computer requirements page.
- Get advice on what equipment agents like to use.
- Call your phone company and read them the telephone service requirements. They should be able to help you understand your service options and how to set up a landline with no extra features.
- If you have a computer savvy friend, they can help you determine whether or not your computer and internet connection meet the requirements.
- If you don’t have someone who can help, your local electronics store should be able to help you understand the requirements and/or purchase the equipment you need.
- Once you’re an agent you will also have access to technical support.
And remember many successful agents started out with questions, and now they are working from home and enjoying the freedom of being their own boss.
Liveops can help you enjoy the freedom of owning a business without the stress of doing it alone. Learn more.