Holiday gift ideas for the home office
Looking for a gift for someone who works from home this season?
A gift for someone’s home office might sound unusual, but it turns out most people prefer receiving practical gifts they can really use. To put together this list of home office must-haves, I asked Liveops independent agents what’s on their wish list this year.
Sitting for hours at a time can leave you feeling achy and cold. Many agents told me they work with a space heater at their feet (or a cat—but I don’t recommend gifting those). Try these ideas instead:
- Ergonomic chairs are one of the top home office must-haves.
- A pillow for back support is a more budget-friendly option that can upgrade a chair they already have.
- A standing or variable-height desk can also provide relief.
- A nice fleece or cotton throw blanket is always a sweet gift.
- Slippers do the trick as well. After all, what’s the point of working from home if you have to wear shoes?
To make work easier
These practical gift ideas will have your loved one thanking you for making their work day a bit easier.
- External monitor—according to most Liveops agents, this is a must-have for the home office.
- A small TV can be a good alternative to having two or more monitors.
- Wireless mouse or keyboard
- A special calendar or whiteboard can help your loved one plan their day and track their goals.
Work can be stressful. Gifts that make break time extra special will keep your loved one smiling.
- You can bring a little Zen to a home office with a Himalayan salt lamp, an essential oil diffuser, or scented candles.
- One agent recommended relaxing artwork.
- Framed family photos are always in style.
Talking on the phone for a long time can take a toll on the voice and leave you looking for a quick snack.
- A mini-fridge is a great place to store cold water and drinks.
- A single-serve coffee maker is a real home office luxury.
- A gift basket full of munchables can’t hurt either. Bonus points if they are healthy(ish).
If you don’t know what to get someone, you can always ask. And don’t forget to listen—they might have already told you what they want. Happy holidays!