Sharing in success: Agents swap their top tips
Roadshow connects agents supporting same lines
This month, we held our first Roadshow of 2018 in Tampa, Florida. More than 40 members of the Liveops Nation met us in a lovely waterfront dining room to meet with their colleagues, enjoy a delicious lunch and learn how to improve their businesses.
Traveling to Tampa from far and wide—with one agent driving 247 miles to attend—the agents were eager to share their experiences and many opted to take a professional headshot. They chatted over icebreaker bingo, discovered that some of their neighbors are Liveops agents, and raved about the restaurant’s mashed potatoes.
Agents share their top tips
After lunch, agents were grouped according to the programs they support so they could dive into sharing best practices specific to each call type. At the end of the break-out sessions, each table shared their top tip for success with the entire group. Here are a few takeaways:
- Approach taking calls for a client as if you’re taking calls for your own business.
- Keep a notepad or whiteboard so you can jot down details about your schedule and upcoming commits.
- Be empathetic to the caller, and don’t take it personally if someone is rude to you.
- A friendly tone goes a long way.
- Don’t forget to schedule a lunch break.
With tenure ranging from brand-new agents gearing up for their first call, to agents who’ve been contracting with Liveops for more than a dozen years, the common thread was an enthusiastic desire to do well.
The Q&A portion of the event led to a lively discussion about the future of the industry and how everyone at Liveops is working to create opportunities for our agents. Agents expressed their gratitude for the freedom and flexibility Liveops provides. They are ready to step up to the plate to take their businesses to the next level.
I came home excited to be an agent for Liveops and felt a renewed sense of pride in what I do.Between social media and the increasing ubiquity of remote work, we all have more online relationships today than ever before. Meeting people in person who we’ve communicated with online is rare and memorable, and it’s clear from our event surveys that agents feel the same way:
- One agent wrote, “It felt so good to see my virtual coworkers in person. We came together and treated each other like family.”
- Another said, “I came home excited to be an agent for Liveops and felt a renewed sense of pride in what I do.”
- This agent summed up how special these events are with this note: “This is my first time being able to attend an event. All other communication has been online. This made it REAL to me!”
The opportunity to meet agents face-to-face is invaluable, and it’s one of the best parts of my job. I’m always looking forward to the next Roadshow.